Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Joel


As most of you know, my brother Joel was my sidekick through out most of my life! It has been over 5 years since he left this earth but he is still a daily part of my life. As I read my uncle Ricky's book about Dennis, I thought of how a book of Joel's life would play out. It would be full of a lot of mischievous times and LOTS of adventure. After he went on his mission, he was an example to us all. We always had fun together! We followed each other around most of our childhood. I am sure that Melanie could tell some stories. They usually ended with her telling my mom on something that Joel and I were doing. I know that he is in a beautiful place now. I am so grateful for this day! If it wasn't for Joel coming to earth... I truly would have had a boring childhood! Love you Joel! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Joel!

melanie said...

Man! I think he is the lucky one. Able to leave this earth at such a young age. I love him and miss him.

Kelly Hill said...

I hope you don't mind me stalking your blog on occasion. Happy bday to your brother. What a sad thing for those left behind - but what a wonderful experience for Joel. It's great that you hold so close to your heart all the good memories of him.

Kelly Hill

The Betitas said...

I think its interesting that I had a dream about him just the other night, out of the blue! And now on your blog I see that it was his birthday! Wow.