Friday, May 22, 2009

Eagle Mtn Winds took the tramp





Anyone who has lived in Eagle Mtn knows that the winds can be really strong. A couple of summers ago my neighbor to the west of us, their tramp was a victim of the wind. Flinging it over their fence, through the air, across our back yard and then landing on the fence separating our yard from the other neighbors to the east. Well, now our tramp is the latest victim of the wind. The wind picked it up, taking down our fence in it's path, the tramp proceeded to try to clear the roof of my neighbors house. It didn't quite clear the roof. I did a bit of damage, making some holes in the roof and taking out her chimney. It then went completely over her house and landed in the road on the other side. Glad no one was standing there! (the mangled tramp and a tarp now on the roof of my neighbor)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy! Well you can see if you're home owners insurance will pay the damages! Glad no one was hurt though!

Kelly Hill said...

Not too long ago my 6 year old was looking out through our garage and said, "I just saw a trampoline fly through the air." My 11 year old son was very VERY adamant that there was NO way a trampoline could fly through the air. I took a moment to correct him and explained how it's quite possible, especially with EM winds. I made him apologize to my 6 year old.

Was it this past week? If not then someone else's trampoline has flown away. : )

Amber said...

That was probably my tramp LOL! The Nielson's were sitting on their porch and watched the whole thing. It landed at the round-a-bout coming into the neighborhood. I hope that Teresa's roof didn't leak through the rain storm tonight.

Amy said...

That is CRAZY!